Anyone who will be in contact with scouts in any capacity must complete the following
- BSA Youth Protection and
- the Diocese of Rockford’s “Protecting God’s Children” online course.
Please print a copy of both completion certificates and bring them to the next scout meeting in January, 2022. Starting January 1, adults participating in troop events need both documents in the troop record keeping book.
BSA YOUTH PROTECTION
- To take Youth Protection training go to My.Scouting.org and create an account. You’ll receive an email notification with your account information, including a member ID/reference number.
- From the My.Scouting.org portal, click Menu then My Dashboard from the menu list. The My Training page displays to take Youth Protection training. Upon completion, you may print a training certificate to submit with a volunteer application. Your training will automatically be updated in our system and associated with the member ID/reference number issued when you created the account.
You do not have to be a registered member of the Boy Scouts of America to take Youth Protection training.
- How to Take Youth Protection Training (Video in Learning Library)
ROCKFORD DIOCESE CHILD PROTECTION
All leaders and parents need to complete the “Protecting God’s Children” online course. This is a requirement by our new Chartering organization, St. Catherine of Siena Catholic Church. Please see below for instructions.
The Diocese of Rockford requires all employees and volunteers to complete an online training program through Virtus.org which includes the Protecting God’s Children online course, a background check, and other paperwork required by the Diocese of Rockford before they are able to volunteer or work in the school and/or parish.
If you are new to St. Catherine of Siena School and would like to complete the training to become a volunteer, please
- Click on the following link https://www.virtusonline.org/virtus/index.cfm? and
- Select “First Time Registrant” to set up an account.
- Under the location option, you will choose Rockford, IL and then enter the password: 2train! to access the training.
- Please select St. Catherine of SIena School as your location.
- Please contact the school office once you have completed the training so that we can proceed with your background check.