- October History
- November Firearm Safety
- December Cold Weather Camping
- This event has passed.
National Youth Leadership Training Blackhawk Council
June 10, 2018 - June 15, 2018
NYLT 2018 (June Course) CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!
Load up your Leadership Experience from NYLT.
June 10-15, 2018 at Camp Lowden
WHAT IS THE PURPOSE OF NYLT?
The aims of NYLT are to give each Scout or Venturer participant a basic knowledge of various leadership skills while helping them relate these skills to their own troop/team/crew responsibilities; to give them the confidence and knowledge necessary to run their unit’s program; to provide an opportunity to share ideas and experiences with Scouts from other units; and of course, to have FUN.
NYLT Leadership Skills instruction includes:
- Communicating Well
- Finding Your Vision
- Setting Your Goals
- Preparing Your Plans
- Leading Yourself
- Team Development
- Solving Problems
- Resolving Conflict
- Making Ethical Decisions
- The Teaching EDGE
- The Leading EDGE
- Valuing People
- Must be currently registered in the BSA
- Boy Scouts and Varsity Scouts must be 13 years old and hold the rank of First Class or above.
- Boy Scouts and Varsity Scouts must have completed Introduction to Leadership Skills for Troops.
- Venturing Scouts must have completed Introduction to Leadership Skills for Crews.
- All Scouts must obtain their unit leader approval to participate in NYLT.
- Must submit a completed BSA medical form with no restrictions.